TELEHEALTH INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
Hinterland Medical Centre is preparing to move to telehealth consultations as much as is practicable. This means that consultations will be carried out via phone or video link where appropriate.
Medicare have items allowing for Bulk Billed Telehealth consultations if you meet the following the criteria as a “Vulnerable or Isolated Person, as follows:
(a) the person has been diagnosed with COVID-19 virus but who is not a patient of a hospital; or
(b) the person has been required to isolate themselves in quarantine in accordance with home isolation guidance issued by Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC); or
(c) the person is considered more susceptible to the COVID-19 virus being a person who is:
- at least 70 years old; or
- at least 50 years old and is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; or
- is pregnant; or
- is a parent of a child under 12 months; or
- is already under treatment for chronic health conditions or is immune compromised; or(d) the person meets the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection.
If you do not meet criteria for a Medicare rebate for telehealth, a $50 fee will apply per 15 minute consultation.
Telehealth consults will be used for the following:
- People isolating at home due to COVID19 infection or risk
- People who would like to avoid the clinic to reduce their risk of exposure to unwell patients
- Patients requiring routine care such as prescription renewals, referrals, routine advice
- Patients with cold or flu symptoms (telehealth will be used initially, at which time your doctor will determine whether or not you need to present to the clinic in person for further assessment)
If you would like to book a Telehealth consultation, please call reception to request this. Depending on your and your doctors preference this may be conducted via phone, Skype or Zoom teleconferencing.