Our Team at Hinterland Medical Centre are closely monitoring developments in this most difficult of times. We are committed to continuing to provide our patients with quality care in a safe environment. If you are suffering from any of the following please do not attend the practice.
- Cough or
- Sore throat or
- Shortness of breath or
- Fever or
- Fatigue or
- Loss of taste or
Please phone the practice on 07 5578 2199 to allow us to plan to attend to your needs safely.
Our reception team will ask you some questions and may arrange a telephone consultation with your usual treating General Practitioner, if he/she is available. If not available, another doctor at the practice may be able to assist.
After assessing you over the phone, the Doctor may request a face-to-face consultation. The Doctor will arrange this with you. Please follow the Doctor’s instructions. We are here to help you and it is important that you follow instructions so that our Doctors and Staff are not put at risk of infection, requiring Covid testing and time off work.
There may be a fee for the telehealth consultations. Medicare rebates are available for patients who have attended the clinic in the previous 12 months. Our reception team will be able to advise you regarding this.
We have strict hygiene protocols in place to protect you and your family.
- Once inside immediately use the antibacterial hand gel provided at reception and check in with the Receptionist.
- Stand behind the tape at all times (we have created a safe barrier to keep staff safe and able to attend work each day)
- Please follow the directions that our reception staff give at time of booking. They will ask you to call reception when you arrive in the car park for your doctor’s appointment. This is so that we can monitor the number of patients in the waiting room and ensure you are well to come into the surgery. Other arrangements can be made, so please tell us if you are unwell. We view patients who deliberately attend when unwell very seriously as it puts out Doctors and staff at risk of infection. If our Doctors and staf become sick, they will require a Covid test and will need to be off work until well.
Ongoing scripts, referrals or general advice
- If you require an ongoing script, referral or general advice consider booking a phone consultation online or through Reception with your usual Doctor who knows you well. There may be a fee for this but a rebate is available. Reception staff are able to let you know at the time of booking. (Queensland is currently not experiencing an outbreak (thankfully), so we are encouraging our patients to attend in person if they have not been seen recently).
WHILST IN THE MEDICAL CENTRE
- Please try and keep space between yourself and others. Touch as little as possible.
- The patient and one carer/parent is preferred to limit the number of people in the waiting rooms.
- We have removed magazines and the kids table so please bring quiet entertainment for children.
- If you are in any way feeling unsure about entering our waiting room, please ring us from outside.
Please see our COVID19 info sheets on this website for specific information regarding self isolation, general advice, and Telehealth.